Preventable hospital hazards—which often result in harm to patients, or even death—are called “Never Events” because they should never happen to you or someone you love in the hospital.
Hospitals everywhere have their own safety campaigns to improve their processes, protocols and attitudes to zero out Never Events.
You can campaign for patient safety too!
Here at CampaignZERO, learn what you can do to help safeguard your loved ones in the hospital when they need you most.
Take the simple steps we suggest to help make sure these Never Events never happen to someone you love:
Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs), including:
- MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus
- VRE, Vancomyacin Resistant Enterococcus
- C. diff, Clostridium Difficile
- UTI/CAUTI, Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection
- VAP, Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
Falls and Fractures (in the hospital)
Pressure Wounds (bed sores, pressure ulcers)
Blood Clots (embolisms stemming from deep vein thrombosis—DVT)